Roadside vegetation

It is the operator’s responsibility to contact the relevant third party to determine if support is required. The following information is intended to provide initial guidance and should be confirmed when contacting the third party.

Third parties: Relevant local council, Department of Transport and Planning (DTP)

Support required for: Vegetation to be pruned or removed

Operators of vehicles seeking to prune or remove vegetation to gain route access must seek approval from the relevant local council and, if advised by the local council, DTP. This applies to all roads, including those where the road manager is DTP (i.e., arterial roads).

Applications should be made directly to the relevant local council and typically require the following information:

  • The planned route
  • Date and time of movement
  • Information on the extent and type of vegetation to be removed

Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).