Registration of heavy vehicles

The registration of heavy vehicles (including registration plates) will continue to be administered by VicRoads.

This includes the administration of the Federal Interstate Registration Scheme (FIRS). 

Drivers and operators can still visit a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to pay their heavy vehicle registration fees, renew their driver licence, book a heavy vehicle inspection or purchase the new National Driver Work Diary.If you want to register a heavy vehicle, please go to the Registration section of our website. 

Matters relating to the licensing of heavy vehicle drivers also remain unchanged with the introduction of the Heavy Vehicle National Law.  If you want to apply for a licence, please go to the Licenses section of our website.

Are you looking for...