In the self management area of Geelong, regional Victoria and for heavy vehicle towing, the charges for accident towing are not specifically regulated under the Accident Towing Services Act 2007. However, the fee charged must be reasonable Some of the factors that may be taken into account to determine whether the fee charged is reasonable include:
- the nature of the service provided
- the day and time that the service is provided
- any administrative costs incurred
- the amount charged for a similar towing service, such as a car breakdown, and
- the amount charged for the same or similar service by another accident towing operator in the same or similar area.