How to remove the alcohol interlock

Once you’ve been issued with a licence without the ‘I’ condition, visit your alcohol interlock service agent and have your alcohol interlock removed from your vehicle.

The ‘I’ condition must be removed from your licence record before your interlock is uninstalled. You may still have a Zero BAC licence condition

Your alcohol interlock service agent may ask to see your updated driver licence and the removal authority when you have the alcohol interlock removed. Your amended licence card is attached to the removal authority letter when it is mailed out to you.

You’ll need to pay the cost for removing the interlock. Go to Find an alcohol interlock supplier to learn more. 

You can’t legally drive a vehicle without an alcohol interlock if you still have an ‘I’ condition on your licence.

Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).