Medical forms and patient fact sheets

Here's a list of important forms and fact sheets for medical practitioners and patients.


What if I need an interpreter to help with my tests?

We can get you an interpreter to help with your tests or to help if you’re hearing impaired. 

You’ll need to go to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre where you want to take the tests so we can help with your booking. 

What languages are the tests available in?

Yes, the hazard perception test and the knowledge test are available in the following languages: Albanian, Arabic, Cambodian, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Serbian, Sinhalese, Somali, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.

VicRoads has developed a series of videos, handbooks and fact sheets in a variety of languages to help you be more informed before visiting a VicRoads Customer Service Centre. Go to Languages for more information.

What happens if I fail my test? 

If you fail a VicRoads practical driving test you’ll no longer be able to drive in Victoria using your overseas driver licence. This change applies to all VicRoads practical driving tests including: car driving tests, motorcycle learner permit skills assessments, motorcycle licence tests and heavy vehicle licence tests. Go to Changes to overseas driver licence rules for more information.

What if I have a medical condition?

If your ability to drive is affected by an illness, disability, medical condition or injury or because of the effect of the treatment of any of those things, you’ll need to get a medical report(s) for our Medical Review team before you make the appointment to take the tests. 

You must provide a medical report and get clearance from VicRoads before you can be issued with a driver licence. If you are not sure whether you need to supply a medical report please call VicRoads on 13 11 71

What if I wear glasses or contact lenses?

Bring your glasses or contact lenses that you need to drive to all your appointments.

What fees will I need to pay?

For more information on licence, permit, appointment and testing fees go to Driver licence and learner permit fees for more.

How do I change or cancel my appointment?

You can book a new time or cancel:

If you need to cancel your appointment, you'll receive a refund for the test fee if you give us at least 24 hours notice

You can only change your appointment and transfer your test fee if you made the booking and you give us at least 24 hours notice.

If you don’t give us at least 24 hours notice:

  • You’ll lose your booking 
  • You’ll lose your test fees
  • You won’t be able to get a refund

If you’re more than five minutes late on the day you’ll need to make a new booking and pay a new fee.

Concessions can’t be used for any of these fees.  

What if I have a suspended, disqualified or cancelled licences/learner permit?

You can’t get a Victorian driver licence or learner permit if your interstate or New Zealand licence/learner permit is suspended or cancelled, or if you’re disqualified from driving anywhere in Australia.

Drink or drug-driving offences

If you’ve committed a drink or drug-driving offence interstate, we’ll treat you as if you committed the offence in Victoria.  

That means that you might need to complete a Behaviour Change Program and use an alcohol interlock. If you need to drive with an interlock interstate, that requirement will also apply once you have a Victorian licence.

If you had a drink-driving offence interstate, we’ll need to confirm your offence details with the interstate authority. For us to do that, you’ll need to sign a Consent to release of information form [PDF 55Kb].

What if I have an overseas motorcycle licence?

If you hold an overseas motorcycle licence you may have additional restrictions imposed on your licence.

If you have not held your overseas motorcycle licence for 3 years from your 18th birthday, you will be subject to a pro-rata restricted period (E condition) from the date your Victorian licence is issued. The pro-rata period must exclude any time you were not permitted to drive (expired, cancelled, suspended, disqualified, surrendered and/or unlicensed).  

What if I have an overseas heavy vehicle licence?

If you have an overseas heavy vehicle licence you can complete a heavy vehicle licence assessment.

What safety measures will be in place for those getting tested and VicRoads staff?

To protect the health and wellbeing of all customers and staff, strict hygiene protocols will be in place in both drive test vehicles and at our Customer Service Centres. 

Pre-drive health-screening checks for all occupants in the vehicle, appropriate cleaning or coverage of vehicles used in tests, increased hand hygiene protocols for all occupants in the vehicle and the use of appropriate personal protection equipment as stipulated by VicRoads for all vehicle occupants as requested.

No one should be participating in a drive test if they are unwell.

Increased cleaning will be introduced for all computer-based tests. Computer terminals are positioned 1.5m apart and applicants will be asked to use hand sanitizer before taking part. Additional safety measures, including temperature checks and recording customer details for contact tracing at all of our Customer Service Centres.

Will VicRoads provide me with a face mask if I don’t have one?

No. All customers are expected to bring their own face covering when visiting a Customer Service Centre. 

Need more help?

If you need more help with your overseas licence, call 13 11 71 and speak to one of our friendly staff who can help.