Used car trader agreement

Information on how used car dealers can transact with us online.

Read the following documents

  1. myVicRoads terms and conditions (you'll be asked to accept these terms and conditions when signing up).
  2. Used car trader agreement [DOCX 228 Kb].

Get National Police Check/s:

Get a valid National Police Check (External link)* for all users (including the Dealer Principal) that will use myVicRoads partner portal to complete transactions.

*A valid police check is dated within 3 months of your application submission.

Sign and Upload documents:

Please note: You'll need access to a scanner to complete the application process. 

  1. Download, print, complete and sign the used car trader agreement [DOCX 228 Kb]
  2. Scan a copy of the signed agreement and police checks ready to attach during the sign up process.

When the documentation is completed and scanned, you'll need to sign up to myVicRoads partner account. If you need help with the sign-up process check out the help page.

When you've signed up we'll assess your application and you'll receive an automatic notification once your account is approved. This can take up to 10 working days.

Once approved you’ll also be able to:

  • access financial transaction reports for actions performed on your partner account
  • obtain vehicle status information and verify the vehicle’s registered operator
  • add and remove new users
  • manage your payment methods

Can I transfer all vehicle types online?

You can transfer Victorian registered vehicles online, including:

  • Light and Heavy vehicles
  • Light and Heavy trailers
  • Motorcycles (road and recreational)

Deals can transfer vehicles between:

  • Dealer to dealer
  • Dealers to Private operators
  • Private operators to Dealers

These transfers cannot be performed online:

  • Boat registrations transfers
  • Transfers to customers requiring fee exemptions (e.g. motor vehicle duty)
  • Vehicles classified as a special vehicle, such as plant and farm machinery
  • Transfers that require duty exemptions e.g. State Emergency Service or an approved Department of Veteran Affairs pensioner (TPI)
  • Transfer of Victorian vehicles that are recorded as suspended, cancelled, or written-off
  • Transfers where client does not exist in VicRoads’ records
  • Transfers where the client has a Power of Attorney document

By signing the used car trader agreement and joining myVicRoads, used car dealers can transfer registered Victorian vehicles without leaving the dealership.


Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).