Carrum to Warburton trail, Bayswater to Lilydale link
We're improving the route for pedestrians and cyclists travelling from the bayside suburbs towards Victoria’s north east by constructing a 10.3km shared use path from Bayswater to Lilydale which will provide the missing link in the 90km Carrum-Warburton trail.
Select this link or image to see a larger version
Project update – August 2016
As part of the $7.4 million project funded by the Victorian Government, we're currently finalising the design of the Bayswater to Lilydale link. In preparation for the rail, pedestrian operated signals on Dorset Road and Mount Dandenong Road in Croydon have been installed.
Construction of the trail is targeted for completion in 2017.
- Pedestrian operated signals at Dorset Rd and Mount Dandenong Road in Croydon have been installed and are in operation.
- Pedestrian operated signals at Cambridge Road, Kilsyth have been installed and will be in operation in September 2016.
- Pedestrian operated signals at Maroondah Highway in Lilydale are being installed and will be in operation in late 2016.
Construction of the trail has been broken into a number of sections with the pedestrian operated signals the first to be completed
The next section to be completed runs from Oak Lane in Croydon South to Eastfield Road in Croydon.
The existing footpath along Bayswater Road between Oak Lane and the Tarralla Creek Trail will be widened to create a 3m wide concrete shared path. The trail continues through the small Council park to connect to Yvonne Avenue. At this location pedestrians can utilise the existing footpaths, while cyclists will benefit from a formal on-road cycle lane featuring bike symbols and signage on both sides of the road to provide a safe route to Eastfield Road. Once at Eastfield Road the trail again connects with the existing Taralla Creek Trail. For more information on the details for this section of the works please contact us.
- Upgrade the existing path from Taralla Creek trail beside Bayswater Road to a shared use path.
- Provide a new path along the Melbourne Water Pipe Track reserve between Norton Road, Croydon and Hawthory Road, Kilsyth.
- Provide a new path along the Healesville Freeway Reservation between Hawthory Road, Kilsyth and Hull Road, Mooroolbark.
- Upgrade the existing off-road path along Hull Road, Mooroolbark to Lakeview Drive, Lilydale.
- Upgrade the existing path between Lilydale Lake and Lilydale Railway Station to connect to the Warburton Rail Trail.
- Provide pedestrian operated signals where the trail intersects with Dorset Road and Mount Dandenong Road in Croydon, Cambridge Road, Kilsyth and the Maroondah Highway, Lilydale.
- Provide safety treatments at other intersections with local roads to provide safe crossings for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Provide safer and more direct route for pedestrians and cyclists travelling through the area.
- Increase travel options for commuters.
- Reduce the need for cyclists to travel on road from Bayside to Lilydale.
Have your say
Thank you to all those who provided feedback on the Carrum to Warburton Trail at the earlier community information sessions held as your input is greatly appreciated.
(03) 9881 8036
Carrum to Warburton Trail, VicRoads 12 Lakeside Drive, Burwood East VIC 3151