Hallam Road upgrade, Hampton Park
A 2.5 kilometre stretch of Hallam Road has been upgraded to two lanes in each direction, between Pound Road and Ormond Road, Hampton Park.
The $40 million project was built to improve traffic flow, access and safety along this important arterial road in the City of Casey.
Three lanes each way between Pound Road and Coral Drive/Fordholm Road, with the third lane as a shared bus lane/left turn lane.
- Two lanes each way between Coral Drive/Fordholm Road and Ormond Road.
- Three through lanes, two right turn lanes and a left turn lane in each direction at the Pound Road intersection.
- A shared pedestrian and bicycle path on the east side between Pound Road and Ormond Road.
- New traffic signals at the Somerville Road/Warana Drive intersection.
- Upgrading existing traffic signals and intersection improvements at Pound Road, Coral Drive/Fordholm Road and Ormond Road.
- Median openings at St Kevin's Primary School, Ivan Crescent, Cairns Road and Huntington Drive.
- New signalised pedestrian crossing at St Kevin's Primary School and at the Hampton Park Shopping Centre.
- Improvements to traffic flow.
- Safer road conditions.
- Better and safer pedestrian and cyclist access and links.
- Assist the flow of bus services in and around the area.
- Improved transport links for growing residential communities, and supporting local business and employment.
Works are now nearing completion on the Hallam Road Upgrade between Pound Road and Ormond Road. The final asphalt surface has been placed, and all lanes are now opened to traffic.
Please note that there are still some minor works that will be undertaken in the new year to complete the project. These final works may require the occasional lane closure, however they will be managed to ensure any disruptions to traffic and access are kept to a minimum.
We would like to thank the Hampton Park community, residents, businesses and motorists for their patience and understanding while these important works have been undertaken.
Email [email protected]
Call (03) 9703 5999
Write VicRoads, PO Box 2214, Fountain Gate VIC 3805
Download the Hallam Road Upgrade - Concept Plan June 2012 [PDF 460 Kb]
Hallam Road, Hampton Park image gallery
A $40 million project to upgrade Hallam Road to a safer fully divided road between Pound Road and Ormond Road in Hampton Park.