High Street Road upgrade, Wantirna South
We upgraded High Street Road between Stud Road and Burwood Highway from January 2015 until June 2016 by widening the road with a $16.2 million project.
Project update- June 2016
The new pedestrian crossing near Wolf Street was switched on to signal the completion of the High Street Road upgrade. The 1.4 km section of High Street Road has been widened to two lanes in each direction with a centre median, allowing for improved traffic flow and safety. Slip lanes are now in operation and will improve access to and from local roads. The bus priority lanes at the Stud Road and Burwood Highway intersections will improve bus travel times and the relocation of the bus stops will improve commuter safety.
The new shared use path along the southern side of High Street Road has been open since mid-2015 and gives pedestrians and cyclists a complete paved path from Burwood Highway to Stud Road.
The project has finished three months ahead of schedule. We would like to thank the local residents, traders and the community for their patience during the works and for the feedback everyone contributed.
Click to enlarge
- Duplication of High Street Road to two lanes in each direction separated by a median.
- Two fully signalised pedestrian crossings at the Tyner Road and High Street Road intersection and between Wolf Street and Wallace Road.
- Slip lanes along High Street Road to adjacent streets.
- A new shared use path south of High Street Road.
- Upgrading the intersections of Burwood Highway and Stud Road.
- New bus priority lanes on Stud Road and Burwood Highway at the intersection with High Street Road.
- Improved travel reliability.
- Improved access to and from adjacent streets.
- Improved safety for drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists.
Get in touch to find out more about this project.
Call: 03 9872 7000
Write: VicRoads Easteren Projects, 12/613 Maroondah Highway, Mitcham Vic 3132