Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, Cranbourne
To improve traffic flow, Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road has been upgraded to two lanes in each direction with a centre median for 3.5 km between Pound Road and Thompson Road.
The $45 million project also improves traffic access, the streetscape and safety along this important arterial road in the City of Casey.
Three lanes each way between Ormond Road and Glasscocks Road, with two lanes each way for other sections.
- Widening of the intersection of Ormond Road and Glasscocks Road and new signals at the intersection of Narre-Warren-Cranbourne Road and Rosebank Drive.
- A shared path for cyclists and pedestrians along both sides of Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road.
- Relocation of electrical power lines underground.
- A signalised pedestrian crossing near Sierra Boulevard.
- Trees on both sides and along the centre median.
- Safer conditions for drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Less congestion with improved traffic flow for all road users.
- Improved amenity for local residents.
- Easier and safer access to adjacent shops, facilities and residential areas.
- Improved transport efficiency in the south east growth area of Melbourne.
The Victorian Government announced the additional upgrade to the Pound Road and Greaves Road intersection with savings from the duplication project. These works are underway with completion expected by late January 2016. Any lane closures and traffic management required will continue to be managed to ensure minimal disruption to the community.
We would like to thank the Cranbourne community, residents, businesses and all road users for their patience and understanding while these important works were undertaken.
Email [email protected]
Call 1300 811 387
Write Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade Project
PO Box 4073, Narre Warren South, VIC 3805