Narre Warren North Road intersection upgrades, Narre Warren North
We’re upgrading two intersections on Narre Warren North Road at Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road in Narre Warren North. Both intersections will include traffic signals with pedestrian crossings to improve safety for locals and road users.
Project update - April 2017
To enable the project to proceed as soon as possible it has been decided that works will be completed in two stages. Upgrades to the intersection of Narre Warren North Road and Fox Road will commence in mid 2017. Work at the Belgrave-Hallam Road/Narre Warren North Road intersection will start in late 2017.
Early work is underway to remove pine trees near the Belgrave-Hallam Road intersection to enable the relocation of services.
Tenders for stage 1 closed in late March and the project team is reviewing these prior to works commencing mid year.
This project is a part of the Victorian Government’s committed $11.2m for three improvement projects including:
- improving noise walls on the Monash Freeway in Endeavour Hills
- installing right turn signals at the intersection of Princes Highway East, Fitzgerald Road and Henrichsen Drive in Hallam
- upgrading two intersections on Narre Warren North Road.
About the project
As part of this project we’ll be installing the following features:
- Traffic signals at the intersections of Narre Warren North Road with Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road
- Pedestrian crossings with traffic signals at both of these intersections
- A double right turn into Belgrave-Hallam Road from Narre Warren North Road
- A left turn slip lane into Belgrave-Hallam Road for northbound traffic on Narre Warren North Road
- Wider roads to accommodate the new intersection layouts and traffic signals
- Indented bus stops (where possible)
- Left turn lane from Crawley Road into Narre Warren North Road
- A continuous shared use path along this section of Narre Warren North Road.
The intersection upgrades will:
- make road crossings safer for pedestrians
- reduce the frequency and severity of crashes at these intersections
- reduce delays for vehicles entering and exiting Belgrave-Hallam Road and Fox Road
- improve safety for drivers and bus users.
Select this link or the image above to view a larger version
The plans for the project were finalised following community consultation in October 2016 and were presented to the community at a drop in session in March 2017.
Email [email protected]
Call (03) 9881 8067
Write Narre Warren North Road intersection upgrades, VicRoads, 12 Lakeside Drive, Burwood East VIC 3151