Narre Warren North Road intersection upgrades, Narre Warren North
We’re upgrading two intersections on Narre Warren North Road at Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road in Narre Warren North. Both intersections will include traffic and pedestrian signals to improve safety for locals and road users.
Project update - February 2017
This project is a part of the Victorian Government’s committed $11.2m for three improvement projects including:
- improving noise walls on the Monash Freeway in Endeavour Hills
- installing right turn signals at the intersection of Princes Highway East, Fitzgerald Road and Henrichsen Drive in Hallam
- upgrading two intersections on Narre Warren North Road.
Following community consultation in October last year, we have finalised the plans for the project, including a new left turn lane at Crawley Road. To enable the project to proceed as soon as possible it has been decided that works will be completed in two stages. Upgrades to the intersection of Narre Warren North Road and Fox Road will commence in mid 2017. Work at the Belgrave-Hallam Road/Narre Warren North Road intersection will start in late 2017.
We’re eager to show you the detailed final designs before work commences and you’re invited to join us at our upcoming Community Information Session:
Wednesday 15 March 2017
Anytime between 5pm and 7pm
Narre Warren North Hall, A’Beckett Road, Narre Warren North. Melway ref: 108 G5.
As part of this project we’ll be installing the following features:
- Traffic signals at the intersections of Narre Warren North Road with Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road
- Pedestrian crossings with traffic signals at both of these intersections
- A double right turn into Belgrave-Hallam Road from Narre Warren North Road
- A left turn slip lane into Belgrave-Hallam Road for northbound traffic on Narre Warren North Road
- Wider roads to accommodate the new intersection layouts and traffic signals
- Indented bus stops (where possible)
- Left turn lane from Crawley Road into Narre Warren North Road
- A continuous shared use path along this section of Narre Warren North Road.
The intersection upgrades will:
- make road crossings safer for pedestrians
- reduce the frequency and severity of crashes at these intersections
- reduce delays for vehicles entering and exiting Belgrave-Hallam Road and Fox Road
- improve safety for drivers and bus users.
Email [email protected]
Call (03) 9881 8067
Write Narre Warren North Road intersection upgrades, VicRoads, 12 Lakeside Drive, Burwood East VIC 3151