Nicholson Street speed limits
We plan to reduce the speed limit on Nicholson Street, between Holmes Street and Blyth Street in Brunswick East from 60km to 40km in late 2016.
Locals have raised concerns about the safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists on this section of Nicholson Street.
In September 2016, we invited the local community to take an online survey with three options to improve the safety on Nicholson Street:
- Permanently reduce the speed limit to 40km
- Permanently reduce the speed limit to 50km and keep the existing 40km school zone speed limit
- Keep the existing 60km speed limit and the 40km school zone speed limit
With over 1100 responses to the survey, the option to permanently reduce the speed limit to 40km on this section of Nicholson Street received the most support.
Reducing the speed limit to 40km on Nicholson Street will:
- Reduce the risk and severity of crashes
- Improve the safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists
- Provide a consistent speed limit
What happens next?
The speed limit will change in late 2016
If you’d like more information or have any questions, please get in touch [email protected]