North east truck curfew trial
In August 2015, truck curfews were introduced on key arterial routes in Melbourne’s north east, including Rosanna Road, Lower Plenty Road, Waterdale Road, Waiora Road and Bolton Street as part of a 12-month trial.
Project update - March 2017
Changes to the curfew
The curfews will remain in place across the north east. The weight restriction of 4.5 tonnes
that was initially put in place will now be amended to allow freight vehicles of 16.5 tonnes
to access the roads below:
- Greensborough Highway – Rosanna Road (Grimshaw Street to Banksia Street)
- Lower Plenty Road (Greensborough Highway to Waiora Road)
- Waiora Road (Kingsbury Drive to Bell Street)
- Waterdale Road (Kingsbury Drive to Bell Street)
- Lower Plenty Road – Main Road (Wattletree Road to Greensborough Highway)
- Para Road (Grimshaw Street – Lower Plenty Road)
- St. Helena Road – Karingal Drive
- Bolton Street
- Ryans Road - Wattletree Road.
The truck curfews will run daily from 10pm – 6am. Trucks making local deliveries will be exempt from the curfews.
If you'd like more information or have any questions, please get in touch.
: [email protected]