O'Herns Road, Epping upgrade
The Victorian and Australian Governments are upgrading O’Herns Road to ease traffic congestion, improve safety and provide easier access to the Hume Freeway.
O’Herns Road is one of the few main arterial roads connecting the northern suburbs of Epping, Epping North and Wollert.
Residents and Council have long been advocating for improvements to O’Herns Road to cater for increasing population in the Whittlesea area.
About the project
We’re completing works on O’Herns Road in two stages.
- replacing the roundabout at the Epping Road and Findon Road intersection with traffic lights to improve safety.
- duplicating O’Herns Road to four lanes through to the Hume Freeway.
- building a new interchange between the Hume Freeway and O’Herns Road and adding merging lanes, to help drivers safely enter and exit Hume Freeway without interrupting traffic flow.
This project will deliver many benefits to the Whittlesea community, including:
- more drivers will be able to safely pass through the intersection during a green light, which will reduce queue lengths and ease congestion.
- providing residents in Epping and Epping North easier access to the Hume Freeway.
- relieving traffic pressure on Cooper Street, Miller Street and High Street.
- providing easier access to key areas such as the Cooper Street Employment Area, Epping Activity Centre and the Melbourne Wholesale Market.
- improved response time for emergency services vehicles.
What happens next?
Over the coming months, we will be asking you to provide your feedback on aspects of the project.
For more information about this project, please get in touch.
Email: [email protected]