Springvale level crossing removal
The project to remove the level crossing at Springvale Road in Springvale is now complete, with trains operating under Springvale Road and pulling into the new station.
The car park, bike facilities and bus interchanges are also complete, with the station lifts due to be installed and operating by October.
- Removal of the level crossing on Springvale Road.
- A new premium station at Springvale.
- Improved bus, taxi, and parking facilities including short term drop-off points (kiss'n'ride) and taxi facilities.
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian amenities with a new bicycle and pedestrian path near the station precinct.
- Safer conditions for drivers, public transport users, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Better public transport facilities via a new premium railway station.
- Improved connectivity with other transport modes including buses and taxis.
- More reliable travel times for drivers and public transport users through improved transport network efficiency.
- Better connections and access in and around the Springvale activity centre to enhance the vibrancy of the shopping and commercial district.
Permanent changes to traffic conditions around Springvale station
To further improve the safe and efficient movement of drivers, public transport users, pedestrians and cyclists around the new Springvale station some permanent changes to traffic are now in place (please refer map).
Some key changes include:
- ONE WAY traffic (eastbound) between Springvale Road and Kelvin Grove – traffic signal removed from Sandown Road / Springvale Road intersection.
- New road bridge connecting Sandown Road and Lightwood Road.
- NO LEFT TURN into Lightwood Road from Springvale Road. Access to Lightwood Road via Sandown Road and new road bridge.
- Right turn from Lightwood Road into Springvale Road permitted. Access to Springvale Road from Sandown Road via new road bridge.
- Bus lanes / stops located for Routes 813 / 814 / 885 and SmartBus 902 will be relocated to the front of the new station.
- New signalised pedestrian crossing linking Queens Avenue to new station.
View Traffic Changes Map [PDF, 53KB]
Congratulations to Noel Dong, the overall winner of the Springvale Snapped Photography Competition. A great photo which captures the essence of Springvale!
The Springvale Level Crossing Removal project team would like to thank everyone who participated in the competition and for your ongoing patience and support during construction.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone translation service: 9280 0772 (Business hours)