Victoria Street Richmond Easy Access Stop tram upgrades
Tram stop upgrades on Victoria Street, Richmond
As part of the modernisation of Melbourne's tram network, Public Transport Victoria (PTV) and Yarra Trams will upgrade two pairs of tram stops on Victoria Street, between Hoddle and Church Streets. The tram stops will be upgraded to Easy Access Stops (EAS) to improve access for all tram users including:
- the elderly
- people with vision and mobility impairments
- people with prams.
These upgrades are part of tram track upgrade works required for Victoria Street.
- Building two pairs of Easy Access Stops (EAS) including:
- one pair at Stop 19, North Richmond Station, Jonas St/James St
- one pair at Stop 20, intersection of Lennox St/Nicholson St.
- Renewal of the existing tram tracks between Hoddle St and Church St.
To find out more, visit the Yarra Trams website