Affected land or property

A person can make a property enquiry to VicRoads, requesting advice on whether a property is affected by an approved proposal.

For more information, or to raise issues directly related to your land, please call us on 13 11 71.

For relating to the transport projects and how it may affect you, please call 1800 800 007.

Vendor's statement

Section 32 of the Sale of Land Act 1962 requires an owner proposing to sell land to give a Vendor's Statement to a prospective purchaser and include that Statement with any subsequent contract for the sale of the land. In addition to other details and information, the Vendors Statement is required to include information as to whether VicRoads (the Roads Corporation) has any approved proposals for works requiring the purchase or compulsory acquisition of land.

How do I lodge a property enquiry?

To lodge a property enquiry a person may:

  1. Print the Property Enquiry Application Form [PDF 57 Kb]
  2. Fill in the details on the Application form 
  3. Post the Application form to VicRoads at the address shown on the form, including a cheque for $17.70 payable to VicRoads.

Additional information about your enquiry

  1. When filling in the application form, make sure that all of the applicable details are completed, otherwise the application may have to be returned to you for more information. 
  2. It is suggested that you retain a copy of the completed application form for your records. 
  3. If you are enquiring about more than one property, a separate application form and fee must be submitted for each individual property.

VicRoads response to a property enquiry will be posted to the applicant and will take the form of either:

  • a stamped Application form, or 
  • a letter with relevant details.

Applications to VicRoads will normally be processed within 3 to 5 working days (excluding postage time).

Other property enquiry services

Separate online Property Enquiry services, provided independently of VicRoads, is also available from Land Channel (External link).

More information about land acquisition and compensation

VicRoads guide to Land Acquisition and Compensation brochure [PDF 407 Kb]

Victorian at Law Today – Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986 (External link)

Was this page helpful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you'd like a response to your feedback, please message us instead.