Bacchus Marsh traffic improvements
The Bacchus Marsh Traffic Improvements Package will improve traffic flow and road safety between Bacchus Marsh and the Western Freeway.
Project update - February 2017
Following extensive consultation throughout 2016, we have taken your concerns and suggestions on board. This has resulted in the following additions to the freeway ramps and shared user bridge
- noise wall will be built along the edge of the southern freeway ramp;
- traffic lights will be installed at the intersections of the two freeway ramps and Halletts Way; and
- the shared user bridge to be constructed alongside the existing bridge will have architectural panelling.
The Halletts Way Interchange Project will see new east-facing freeway ramps constructed, meaning drivers will be able to enter the freeway north of the Halletts Way bridge, and exit the freeway south of the bridge.
The project also includes a new, separate bridge for pedestrians and cyclists which will sit alongside the existing bridge, greatly increasing safety for the many pedestrians and cyclists who travel between Bacchus Marsh and Darley.
A contract for the construction of the project will be awarded in the coming weeks, with work expected to commence in early 2017. VicRoads expects the project to be completed by late 2018.
The traffic improvements will be delivered in three stages:
Stage 1: Completed
Safety improvements on Hopetoun Park Road and the exit ramp from the Western Freeway to Bacchus Marsh Road.
Stage 2: Underway
New east-facing entry and exit ramps on the Western Freeway at Halletts Way and a new shared user path bridge for pedestrians and cyclists alongside Halletts Way over the Western Freeway.
Stage 3: No current funding
A major upgrade of Woolpack Road.
Once completed, the Bacchus Marsh Transport Improvements Package will:
- improve safety and traffic flow in and around the CBD, Gisborne Road and Halletts Way
- improve connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists around Bacchus Marsh
- improve safety at the intersection of Woolpack Road and Bacchus Marsh Road
- improve safety on Hopetoun Park Road and the exit ramp from the Western Freeway to Bacchus Marsh Road.
Call: 1300 779 642
Email: [email protected]
Write: VicRoads, Western Highway Project Office, 237 Ring Road, Wendouree, VIC 3355