Gap Road & Horne Street intersection upgrade, Sunbury
The Victorian Government has funded $6.4 million to install traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing at the Gap Road and Horne Street intersection, to improve safety and traffic flow.
The Gap Road and Horne Street intersection carries large traffic volumes , with 21,500 vehicles per day travelling on Horne Street and 18,000 vehicles per day on Gap Road. The intersection is also a meeting point for thousands of drivers coming to and from surrounding main roads, such as Riddell Road, Sunbury Road and the Calder Freeway.
The high amount of traffic and location of the roundabout often results in long queues and delays, particularly during the morning and afternoon peaks.
The new traffic lights, pedestrian crossing and other safety treatments such as raised platforms will make it easier and safer for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists to travel through the area.
- Replacing the existing roundabout with traffic lights
- Raised platforms to slow down drivers approaching the intersection
- Additional lanes
- New pedestrian operated crossing
- Dedicated bicycle lanes
- Improved traffic flow and reduced delays at the intersection
- Improved traffic flow through Sunbury
- Better safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists
If you’d like more information or have any questions, please get in touch.
Email [email protected]
Call (03) 9313 1396
Write VicRoads - Metropolitan Projects Western 499 Ballarat Road Sunshine VIC 3020