Registering a repairable write-off

To register a written-off vehicle you must get a Certificate of Roadworthiness and a Victorian Vehicle Identity Validation (VIV) certificate.

The Certificate of Roadworthiness and Victorian Vehicle Identity Validation (VIV) Certificate must be current. You will need to bring these original documents along to your registration appointment at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre. Vehicles registered interstate may require an inspection at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre.

For information on how to register a vehicle, making an appointment, and what other items you will need to bring to your appointment at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre, please refer to the registering your vehicle webpage.

If you wish to transfer a repairable write-off after it has been registered, you must complete an Application for Transfer of Registration [PDF 369 Kb] form, certifying that you have advised the buyer in writing that the vehicle is recorded on the written off vehicles register (WOVR).

Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).