Keys Please education session
Keys Please offers information and practical ideas for Year 10 students on how to use the learning to drive period, get 120 hours of practice and become safe drivers.
The free education session is run by a VicRoads presenter in schools during the day. The session takes 45 minutes and there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Keys Please curriculum resources have just been developed for teachers of students who attend a Keys Please session.
Who it’s for
- soon to become learner drivers
- learner drivers
- parents and anyone that help learners get at least 120 hours of driving practice
As some supervising drivers won't be able to attend a session, it is recommended that they view the online resource Lessons from the Road for tips and videos from parents who've been there.
What will you learn
It's important for learners to get the right driving experience at the right time. But how do you know what or when that is?
At Keys Please you’ll find out about:
- The reason young drivers are at risk and why driving experience is so important.
- The importance of learning to drive in stages – from simple tasks on quiet roads to more difficult drives in all sorts of road, weather and traffic conditions.
- The importance of developing a positive partnership between learners and their parents.
- Risks for new drivers.
Find the next session in your area
- Ask at school
- Telephone VicRoads on 13 11 71, (Mon to Fri 8.30 to 5 pm), and ask for the Keys Please Coordinator in your region.