Suspension for unpaid fines

If you don’t pay your fines, Fines Victoria can direct VicRoads to impose a suspension against your driver licence, learner permit or vehicle registration. If directed we must apply the suspension to your registration and/or driver licence. 

Visit the Fines Victoria website(External link) for more information.

Applying & removing a suspension

VicRoads will let you know in writing if you get a suspension for unpaid fines. The letter will confirm the suspension start date. VicRoads cannot remove a suspension until Fines Victoria directs us to.

When you’ve paid the fines, Fines Victoria will direct VicRoads to end your suspension/s. We’ll send you a letter to confirm that this has happened. If you’re not sure whether your licence suspension’s ended, you can check it by signing up for a myVicRoads account.

What do I do if I have a suspension?

Contact Fines Victoria(External link) to make arrangements for your fines and get the suspension lifted.

If your number plates have been removed

  • You can’t change or replace your number plates. You can’t order an exact replacement, or order it in a different style or colour.

Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).