Road Access Permits Portal

The Department of Transport and Planning (DTP) is making it easier for the traffic management and construction industries to work with us by introducing the Road Access Permits Portal (RAPP).

What is the RAPP?

The RAPP is an online permit self-service portal that has been created for industry to submit various permits and notifications related to working on DTP managed roads. Construction-related companies can apply, monitor and receive authorised applications to carry out traffic management activities.

DTP introduced the RAPP for traffic management companies to lodge Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA) permit applications, for construction-related applicants to lodge Consent for Working Within the Road Reserve (WWRR) permit applications, and for the telecommunication industry to submit Land Access Activity Notice (LAAN) Notifications.

The application process for the following permits has not changed.

Please continue to submit applications through the email addresses indicated below:

  • Big Build MoA permits - NELP, please email [email protected]
  • Utility/PTV notifications – please email the details to [email protected]
  • Special Events MoA Permits – go here to see who you need to contact
  • MRPV (Major Roads Project Victoria) MoA permits – email [email protected]
  • Master Access Agreement – If your works relate to the installation of a new mobile telecommunication facility under a Master Access Agreement on behalf of Telstra, Optus or Vodafone/TPG please send it to the Land and Property Group [email protected]
  • Traffic management companies carrying out works on a council road that doesn’t need DTP MoA authorisation but requires TRIMS or use of certain traffic control devices or signs – please email [email protected]
  • Extensions/Changes to MoA permits previously authorised with an RWE number and is still valid – please email [email protected]

Please continue to submit the following WWRR permit applications to through to the email addresses indicated below:

 How do I use RAPP?

Access RAPP

We’ve created the following materials help you use RAPP:  

  • Training materials - including how to submit an MoA and consent permit application
  • FAQs - including trouble shooting 

How do I register for an account?

Complete the registration form [PDF 285 Kb] and follow the instructions to create an account.

Please note only accredited traffic management companies can apply for an MoA permit to work on a DTP declared road. Access to RAPP is organised as part of the Accreditation process and an individual in each organisation can create accounts for staff members. Please contact the area within your organisation that manages Accreditation to set up your account or visit the Accreditation program webpage to find out more about how to apply for Accreditation. If you are unsure if your traffic management company has an RAPP account, please email [email protected].

What's new?

Changes from 5 May 2024

Land Access & Activity Notice (LAAN) notifications will now be accepted in RAPP

  • Telecommunication carriers that need to inspect land, install ‘low-impact’ facilities, and to maintain any kind of telecommunications facility must notify the DTP via LAAN as per Schedule 3 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 if the works are located on road or road related areas managed by DTP. To submit a LAAN Notification in RAPP, click on the WWRR button on the dashboard, and select the LAAN Application form type.

Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA) reference hyperlink has been modified

  • To locate documents submitted in RAPP, either related to a MoA permit application, or an authorised MoA permit, users will need to select the ‘v’ under the Action Column relating to a particular permit.  This will reveal a set of dropdown options, relating to documents (submitted as part of the original submission), approval documents (containing the authorised MoA Permit) and the ability to request an extension.

New ‘type of work’ option created for Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV)

  • In preparation for MRPV Roads Program MoAs to be submitted via RAPP, a new ‘type of work’’ option called ‘MRPV Road Program’ has been created.  An official transition date for MRPV MoAs is yet to be confirmed. Please continue to send MRPV MoA/RWE applications through the current channel.  Any MRPV MoA applications submitted prior to the official transition date will be rejected.
Find out more

If you need more help or have any further questions, please email the support team on [email protected].