Traffic Volume Information [XLS 11.4 Mb] contains traffic volumes for freeways (excluding toll roads) and arterial roads in Victoria. This information comes from surveys and estimates and covers the period of the last 4 years and 10 years.
The Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) volumes are also provided in this document which includes the number of commercial vehicles.
To provide comments on this publication, please use the feedback form.
Detailed traffic information
If you require more detailed traffic information, VicRoads is able to provide the following reports for a fee. Please submit all traffic data requests to [email protected]
- Raw unvalidated traffic signal (SCATS) dat [XLS 227 Kb] - 15 minute data
- Validated traffic signal (SCATS) data [XLS 1.2 Mb] - hourly data.
- Hourly volume data [XLS 1.2 Mb] for a given segment of road. Classification data provided, if available.
- Turning movement data [XLS 135 Kb] - including classification data, if available.
Information required for reports
In your request, additional lines must be placed underneath as per examples below.
Report 1 – SiteNumber,DateFrom,DateTo
Line one: 2754,17/06/2012,06/07/2012 (comma separated)
Line two: 0935,05/02/2012,09/06/2012 (comma separated)
Report 2 – SiteNumber,DateFrom,DateTo
Line one: 1785,02/10/2012,09/10/2012 (comma separated)
Line two: 1895,18/07/2012,10/01/2013 (comma separated)
Report 3 – HomogenousFlowNumber,Year
Line one: 134,2009 (comma separated)
Line two: 186,2012 (comma separated)
Report 4 – TurningMovementSurveyLocationNumber,Year
Line one: 1352,2011 (comma separated)
Line two: 2843,2012 (comma seperated)
Report 5 - Currently being developed.
If you wish to proceed with the traffic request, please download the 'Traffic Data Disclaimer' form (below) and attach the completed form with your traffic request.
- SiteNumber refers to a signalised intersection, commonly referred to as SCATS Number
- HomogeneousFlowNumber or HF number refers to VicRoads internal road segment classification
- TurningMovementSurveyLocationNumber refers to a site where a turning movement survey was undertaken.
- Date format must be DD/MM/YYYY
Information required for data requests
SCATS site numbers: