Freeway management systems
We’re rolling out new freeway management systems across the network which will make journeys safer and more reliable.
These new systems are designed to control traffic flow and improve the way we manage breakdowns and accidents.
Freeway management system is made up of:
- ramp signals to stagger vehicles entering the freeway
- overheard lane signs to control traffic flow
- on-road message boards displaying real-time travel times
- CCTV cameras and sensor technology to monitor breakdowns and accidents
Breakdowns and accidents
If there is no emergency lane available, you can:
- pull over to the side of the road if it is safe or stay where you are
- switch on hazard lights
- wait for emergency assistance.
Our traffic management will change the traffic to flow around you and get help to you fast.
Check traffic conditions on VicTraffic (External link)
CityLink Tulla Widening - Freeway Management System (External link)