New to Victoria

If you are a driver who has moved to Victoria from another Australian state or territory, or from another country – welcome! Find out how to get a Victorian licence and/or learner permit.

If you have an overseas or interstate licence, you'll need to convert to a Victorian licence within six months of residing in Victoria. Use our online tool to work out when you need to convert your licence to a Victorian one and the type of licence you'll get.