Assistance for people impacted by domestic violence

VicRoads supports its customers who are affected by family and domestic violence through a respectful, simple and transparent process.

Focused on an integrated response to family violence, VicRoads continues to complement and support Victoria’s family violence reform. As a service provider, we understand our role in providing the necessary sensitive case management support to our customers.

Contact VicRoads

Customers impacted by family/domestic violence can contact us to have their Registration and Licensing matters settled. Our service also supports agencies acting on behalf of affected persons.

Phone: 1300 031 292* (business hours)
Email: [email protected]

*This contact number is for domestic violence impacted customers only. You can leave your contact number if the telephone line is unavailable or unattended.

Deactivating your myVicRoads online account

Please advise our staff on the above number or by email if you would like to deactivate your existing myVicRoads account due to family violence circumstances (someone other than yourself may have access to it). We can assist you to deactivate your existing account and set up a new account to allow you access our online services in future.

Interpreter services

If you require interpreter services, please contact the below providers:
  • Victorian Interpreter and Translating Service – (03) 9208 0783, 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday
  • All Graduates Interpreting and Translation Services – (03) 9605 3050, 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday
  • On Call Interpreters and Translators –  (03) 8807 2300, operating 24/7

Hearing or speech impaired can contact us through the National Relay Service: 

  • Teletypewriter (TTY) users – phone 13 36 77 then ask for 13 11 71
  • Speak and Listen users – phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 13 11 71

External contacts

If you or your dependant(s) are affected by family violence and requires assistance, please contact:

Triple 0 (000) for emergency assistance

1800 015 188 – Safe Steps (24/7 Victorian family violence support service) –

Orange Door – Support with the care of children –

1800 737 732 – 1800 RESPECT (national helpline providing 24/7 confidential information, counselling and support) –


Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).