Firearm licence

Victoria Police has sole responsibility for the issue of firearm and private security licences. However you can get the photo taken for your licence at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre and approved photo points.

You should contact Victoria Police's Licensing Services Division for information about how to:

See frequently asked questions on the Victorian Police website for more information.

Firearm and Private Security Licence photo

Payment cannot be made at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre, however VicRoads Customer Service Centres and approved photo points can take the photo for both initial and renewal applications of firearm or private security licences.

You will need to show evidence of payment and provide your current driver, firearm or private security licence before the photo will be taken. If you cannot provide these documents as proof of identity, you will need to provide other evidence of identity documents, including a photograph of yourself.

Was this page helpful?


Please tell us why (but don't leave your personal details here - message us if you need help or have questions).