Change of address - additional information

By law you need to let us know your new address within 14 days of moving so that we can update our records.

If you hold a Victorian driver licence or learner permit, you can change your residential and postal address online.

You'll need to contact VicRoads to change your address if you:
  • hold an interstate or overseas driver licence or learner permit
  • do not hold a Victorian driver licence and/or learner permit, but have a vehicle or vessel registered in Victoria
  • need to enter an overseas address
  • need to change an address for a Club permit - refer to Club permits
  • need to change an address for a GIM/trade plate - refer to Trade plates (External link)
  • hold a marine licence only (no car or motorcycle licence or learner permit)
  • need to change an address for company registered vehicles or vessels - refer to update your Company details 

When you contact us, you’ll need to provide your:

  • driver licence, marine licence or learner permit number
  • full name
  • date of birth
  • current and new residential address and/or postal address recorded by VicRoads
  • vehicle or vessel registration number
  • vehicle or vessel make and model.

Change of address notice and label

You might have changed address, but that doesn’t mean you need to replace your driver licence or learner permit. We’ll send you a Change of Address Notice, which includes an address label and all you have to do is stick the label on the back of your licence or permit card.

Acceptable address

The residential address recorded on your driver licence, marine licence and/or learner permit can be a Victorian, interstate or overseas address*. If it’s an interstate or overseas residential address, a Victorian garage address must be given for any vehicles registered in your name. By garage address we mean the place where the vehicle’s normally kept. Remember, a vehicle can’t be registered in Victoria unless it is garaged in Victoria. 

A Roadside Delivery (RSD) or Rural Mail Box (RMB) address is also OK if you cannot be identified by street or road name.

If you’d prefer mail to be sent to a different address to your residential address, you can give us a Victorian, interstate or overseas postal address.

*An interstate or overseas address is OK if you’re a current Victorian driver licence or learner permit holder.

Was this page helpful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you'd like a response to your feedback, please message us instead.